Newsquips news brief: — Newsquips are updated throughout the day so keep coming back all day long, as, say, liberal politicians to the taxpayer trough in the name of a magical “stimulation package”. Think of this as a conservative’s “stimulation package”.
1. Not that anybody of sound mind should take with any measure of deference what the liberals’ United Nations division thinks, but Canada once again (post Harper Conservative election 2006) stands out as the only sane country on the liberals’ “Human Rights” Council subdivision, and the only one with the manly bollocks to vote against the latest in a series of hundreds of anti-Israel resolutions that have been put forward by anti-Israeli nations over the years. The United States is not on the Human Rights Council but would have voted against it. Apparently France, Germany, and the U.K., which are members, all “abstained”, like Liberals do (or they vote “present” like The Great Obama had always done in the Senate when he was too much of an unprincipled jam tart to stand up for what was right), raising the question as to whether they are in fact anti-Israel, unprincipled jam tarts, or full on Hamas terrorist supporters, or all three. … But to help clarify the matter for you—and note that liberals don’t chat about this much in their cocktail parties and in between teaching classes—that bastion of grand human rights standards (if you leave out the stoning of women), Saudi Arabia, is also a member in good standing of the United Nations “Human Rights” Council. So is Cuba, which is a totalitarian communist dictatorship. And Egypt, which, well, you know.
See “UN Human Rights Council votes to condemn Israel on Gaza op” in the Jerusalem Post (I haven’t found anything in any Canadian media yet). … The resolution seeks to chastise Israel for “massive violations of human rights of the Palestinian people,” but makes no mention of Hamas, and skates over any violations of Israeli citizens’ human rights that have resulted from Hamas terrorist actions against Israel for years. As usual. It also demands that Israel withdraw its forces from and cease its (defensive—not mentioned) attacks against the Hamas (terrorists—not mentioned). Israel=bad; Palestinians=innocent victims. It’s Orwellian. It’s lies. It’s a historic abomination of massive proportions. It’s the United Nations. It’s liberals.
(Hat tip Christin G.)
2. One of the worst columnists in, well, anywhere, the state media’s Canadian taxpayer-paid Heather Mallick, opines in the state-owned CBC.ca’s opinion section (granted it’s hard to find the line separating their “news” and their “opinion”): “I find all religion pointless and mystifying. But then so is divorce, not to mention marriage.” Religion, marriage, why it’s all just “pointless”. Huh. Note that it’s not that she simply missed the point. But then her next sentence begins, “No sane columnist…”. (That’s just funny). And the column ends with “…don’t marry. Marriage transforms you…” … Now we really truly begin to understand “pointless”.
(1.) Why does the state feel the compulsion to use taxpayer funds to foist certain opinions on its citizens, particularly from overtly far-left-wing loons?
(2.) What kind of government competes against its own citizens for profits, for attention, for entertainment, or for favor or agreement in the forum of ideas?
(3.) When will Canada ban state-owned media and enshrine that notion in its constitution?
3. Oh we’re just “paranoid”! It’s a consensus! The debate is over!
Obama climate czar has socialist ties
Group sees ‘global governance’ as solution
Originally published 05:45 a.m., January 12, 2009,
updated 05:45 a.m., January 12, 2009
Until last week, Carol M. Browner, President-elect Barack Obama’s pick as global warming czar, was listed as one of 14 leaders of a socialist group’s Commission for a Sustainable World Society, which calls for “global governance” and says rich countries must shrink their economies to address climate change.
By Thursday, Mrs. Browner’s name and biography had been removed from Socialist International’s Web page, though a photo of her speaking June 30 to the group’s congress in Greece was still available.
Socialist International, an umbrella group for many of the world’s social democratic political parties such as Britain’s Labor Party, says it supports socialism and is harshly critical of U.S. policies.
The group’s Commission for a Sustainable World Society, the organization’s action arm on climate change, says the developed world must reduce consumption and commit to binding and punitive limits on greenhouse gas emissions.
[…]The NDP’s Alexa McDonough at the Socialist conference last summer, surrounded by socialists and communists
Other panel participants were Sergey Mironov, speaker of the Russian legislature’s upper chamber and a close ally of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin; Zhang Zhijun, vice minister of the International Department of the Chinese Communist Party’s Central Committee; and Jesus Caldera, a former Minister of Employment and Social Affairs of the Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party.
Also appearing at the XXIII Congress of the big Socialist International conference, in Athens, June-July 2008: Alexa McDonough of Jack Layton’s NDP, former Member of Parliament, and former leader of the NDP.
DELICIOUS (EVEN IF COMMIE) IRONY:
Pravda (Russian: Правда, “The Truth”), which was the leading (state-owned) newspaper of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR or Soviet Union), and an official organ of the Central Committee of the Communist Party, and now citizen-owned, reports on its web site today:
Earth on the Brink of an Ice Age
Front page / Science / Planet Earth
The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years. …
4. House builders managed to get higher prices—that’s right, HIGHER prices for the new homes they built in November 2008, compared to last year. Hey! That can’t be right! But alas, the media’s efforts are not paying off, once again. Yes obviously this is absolutely astonishing news, given the incredible (and I use the term incredible advisedly) doom ‘n gloom economic Armageddon prognostications that one of the leading doom ‘n gloom economic Armageddon channels, Canada’s state-owned CBC, spouts all day long, every day. They instruct Canadians to adopt their absolutely pessimistic, freak-out posture with regard to the economy and the near future (pre January 21 when Obama is sworn in, or if or when their Ignatieff “assumes” power, or some combination thereof), and yet they keep getting news like this. It must be frustrating. THEREFORE their banner reads “HOUSE INDEX DROPS”. Huh? Seems they managed to find a negative in a positive, once again. See, prices dropped from October (by a whopping 0.3 percent), even if they were up from one year ago. Therefore, they “dropped”. Weird. Here’s how their idiotic article is written up on their web site: “Contractors’ selling prices for new homes in November rose 0.7 per cent compared to a year ago — the smallest increase observed since August 1999, Statistics Canada reported Monday.” That’s just about the stupidest—and most revealing—thing I’ve read since, well, since I read Heather Mallick’s prattling earlier today on the CBC site. … The very fact that they didn’t tacitly admit that they’re full of crap is, in and of itself, newsworthy. I challenge someone in the media to take up that story.
5. Federal NDP politician takes aim at long-gun registration program? Yes it’s true. Thunder Bay-Rainy River, Ontario, NDP MP John Rafferty wants the long-gun registry dismantled. He’s going to put forward a private member’s bill. It’s like he accidentally put a couple ounces of sanity juice in his coffee this morning, instead of Jack.
- “Increased Attack Rate” = The Progressives Are Offended - Wednesday June 7, 2023 at 1:17 pm
- Canadian Gov’s Right Hand: “Invest!”— Left Hand: “You Suck!” - Friday June 2, 2023 at 12:50 pm
- The T targeting children makes Target the target - Thursday June 1, 2023 at 4:15 pm