Dennis Prager, Conservative columnist, radio show host, and PragerU, um, Headmaster? Principle? — I’m trying to find a non-triggering word here since even “founder” might trigger something à la the Founding Fathers) — also happens to love classic music. He has frequently conducted orchestras as a guest conductor as a way to help build the audience for classical music and raise money for the orchestras (he has never been paid).
But far be it for Prager to call himself a “maestro” — the musical term often applied to the greatest orchestral conductors. Imagine how triggering that word must be these days among the leftists since it means “master” and here’s Prager, a white conservative man (a Jew, just to confuse the issue), calling himself a maestro. (Hopefully I didn’t just set them off.)
Here’s a great example of why, in three movements if you will:
- Can a Conservative Conduct an Orchestra?
Dennis Prager – August 01, 2017
- Despite the Left’s Intolerance, I Will Conduct an Orchestra
Dennis Prager – August 15, 2017
- Here Are Some Key Ways the Mainstream Media Distorts the Truth
Dennis Prager – August 23, 2017
Given that reading, and given his conservative politics in what is an almost all-liberal or leftist echo-chamber of the arts, he’d most certainly be responsible for what I am sure is the imminent rebranding of the honorary maestro to, say, comrade.
We used to carry Dennis Prager’s column here at this site — in fact he was one of our first columnists — because he’s one of the most respected, most honest, clear-headed, and most compelling columnists today. And of course he’s conservative. He still is all those things as is readily apparent, and we wish we still carried his column.
- Supposed newspaper writes-up a supposed news story - Friday January 15, 2021 at 1:35 pm
- NEW VIRUS COULD KILL THE POLITICS OF THE LEFT - Friday January 15, 2021 at 12:26 pm
- Paler not back yet; Gab can’t keep up - Thursday January 14, 2021 at 5:34 pm