Newsquips daily news brief— Newsquips are updated through the day, in an effort to keep up with the different ways in which the likes of the socialism-reliant CBC and other liberal media churn out the views and analyses of left-winger after left-winger, all of whom they pass-off as regular, non-political or non-aligned experts, for your “information” and “education”.
3. Next up on CBC: The socialism-reliant, state-owned CBC’s oxymoronic (with an emphasis on the moronic) “YOUR BUSINESS” segment, in which they pass off as totally neutral a report by what they refer to as a “research group” (their words). Yes that’s what they called… wait for it… the very far-left Canadian Center for Policy Alternatives advocacy group, which, as those of us who are not OK with being duped by the CBC and read this blog already know, is a far-left socialism-advocating group where the “alternative” they refer to is an alternative to capitalism—that being socialism—for Canada. Nonetheless, the socialism-reliant CBC “YOUR BUSINESS” reporter doesn’t inform us of any of that, and instead simply refers to that “research group”, and some of their juicy class warfare info drummed-up in yet another of their yummy class warfare reports. “That’s what happened in 2007 according to the latest full-year stats that are available and the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives says…”, is how the CBC’s business reporter set it up, without even remotely advising Canadians as to the far-left socialism-advocating principles of that “research group” from which she provided solid unbiased “news” and “information” to Canadians.
UPDATE Saturday Jan 3 2009: Vancouver Sun reports today on same “report” by the far-left “research group”, but clarifies with its readers that the “research group” is a “left-of-centre research organization”. They’re “left-of-centre” in much the same way that Nunavut is “north of the equator”.
4. Say it with me: State-owned and state-run media should be banned in this country, and that notion enshrined in our constitution.
5. The Canadian and other liberal mainstream media routinely bury all the myriad stories about how Canada and the United States and other allies are bringing positive change to stone-age Hell-on-Earth Afghanistan.
Thousands of our national heroes have and continue to fight for our nation and their nation in Afghanistan, some dying (as we are extremely well informed with excruciating detail at every possible opportunity), doing what could be described as the near-impossible, in a place that comes closest to Hell on Earth, all on our behalf.
The heroes are bringing peace, human rights, order, civility, political stability, law and order, schools, national security, democracy, and more, to a stone-age country stifled by decades or war and stone-age Islamofascists terrorist goons and criminals and drug lords and jihadist warlords intent on training terrorists and launching terrorist plots to kill us—westerners in the U.S., Canada, and in other places; and torturing and killing those within their country who don’t precisely comply with the goals of their clearly evil regime. And in the process, our heroes are ultimately helping secure our own country and its national security from those goons and their ambitious plans to destroy us, after having attacked us on September 11 2001.
But they never talk about that in the media. Rather, at the first opportunity, Canada’s media jumps all over the likes of the story today, about the one soldier who was arrested on charges of second degree murder for the killing of someone they in the media go ahead and call an “insurgent” or “Taliban militant”. During a fierce battle during which our boys were being attacked by terrorist goons. In a war.
Personally, I’m on our side.
6. Brilliant columnist Charles Krauthammer writes today’s MUST READ, which begins with a quote from an Associated Press story about the war in Israel:
Late Saturday, thousands of Gazans received Arabic-language cell-phone messages from the Israeli military, urging them to leave homes where militants might have stashed weapons.
—Associated Press, Dec. 27
WASHINGTON—Some geopolitical conflicts are morally complicated. The Israel-Gaza war is not. It possesses a moral clarity not only rare but excruciating.
Israel is so scrupulous about civilian life that, risking the element of surprise, it contacts enemy noncombatants in advance to warn them of approaching danger. Hamas, which started this conflict with unrelenting rocket and mortar attacks on unarmed Israelis—6,464 launched from Gaza in the last three years—deliberately places its weapons in and near the homes of its own people.
This has two purposes. First, counting on the moral scrupulousness of Israel, Hamas figures civilian proximity might help protect at least part of its arsenal. Second, knowing that Israelis have new precision weapons that may allow them to attack nonetheless, Hamas hopes that inevitable collateral damage—or, if it is really fortunate, an errant Israeli bomb—will kill large numbers of its own people for which, of course, the world will blame Israel.
For Hamas the only thing more prized than dead Jews are dead Palestinians. The religion of Jew-murder and self-martyrdom is ubiquitous. And deeply perverse…
Read the whole thing. I’d love to have Charles Krauthammer’s regular column right here at PTBC.
- Trudeau, please go to Tofino. (?!) - Tuesday November 30, 2021 at 12:28 pm
- State-Owned CBC lists words you may not use as a free person anymore because WOKE - Tuesday November 30, 2021 at 11:48 am
- Fun with words: Throne speech ignores “entrepreneurs,” “business,” “investment,” “deficit,” “debt,” “inflation”… - Monday November 29, 2021 at 1:33 pm