The setup for a very revealing glimpse into the possible future of America and maybe the rest of us (certainly in Canada), was on display last week. It was thanks to a disastrous presidential candidates’ town hall put on by CNN, which was supposed to be all about gay and transgender rights, etc. It wasn’t. It was really about how totalitarian and autocratic, and authoritarian, and undemocratic (…) the Democrats plan to become if elected. It was about how intolerant they are. And how divisive. And how they don’t mind crushing America to make it fit their leftist ideology. It was about how to kill conservative thought, religion — their churches, synagogues, and mosques — and how to force non-conformists to abide by leftist dictates.
It is actually really important for America, and by extension for Canada and much rest of the west, for you to see and read as much as you can about that town hall, and think about where this is leading. For a good,sound, logical, and reasonable synopsis, listen to Ben Shapiro’s podcast (#877) —it’s around an hour long. Shapiro gets pretty passionate about it. And rightly so.
Here are some other links to read:
- National Review: The Democrats’ Disastrous CNN LGBT Town Hall
- Washington Examiner: CNN’s LGBT town hall made the 2020 Democratic primary even more of a clown show
- NewsBusters: CNN Buries Kooky, Poorly-Rated LGBTQ Town Hall with 2020 Democrats and its offshoot Child Abuse to Harming Churches: Here’s the WORST Questions from CNN’s LGBTQ Town Hall
- The Federalist: 4 Wild Moments From CNN’s LGBT Presidential Town Hall
- Daily Caller: CNN’s LGBTQ Town Hall Implodes Into Accusations, Apologies And Interruptions
- RedState: No Big Deal, Just Beto O’Rourke Saying He’ll Punish Churches If They Don’t Support Same-Sex Marriage
I’m anxious to read Dennis Prager on this, and lots of others will also chime in I’m sure.
This is a very good long thread by John Hayward (click on it to read the thread):
I wonder if any of the super-duper-principled True Conservatives are going to criticize the totalitarian Democrats for their LGBT town hall, which was filled with vows to shred the Constitution and use raw State power to socially engineer the American people.
— John Hayward (@Doc_0) October 11, 2019